One of the main reasons lawyers do not take cases involves lack of proper documentation. Many consumers who have been the victim of some type of wrongdoing are able to adequately describe what happened during the initial interview but come up short with the documentation to back up and support their complaint. At a minimum here is what I like to see in the way of documentation:
1. The original purchase agreement or bill of sale.
2. Any warranty documentation.
3. All correspondence.
4. Pictures if applicable.
5. Notes or diary of all phone conversations (who, what, when, where & why).
6. Receipts for all out of pocket expenses.
7. Names and addresses of all potential witnesses.